Your unmistakable profile – convince us
No matter whether you are applying on your own initiative or responding to a position vacancy, three documents belong to an application:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Attestations and supporting documents relevant to the position
For questions how to apply and what documents to include with your application, please also note the particulars mentioned in the posted job notices.
The letter of application – your admission ticket to the Benteler world
Convince us with your cover letter. Here's how:
- In the subject line include the position title and, if available, the code number.
- An exceptional opening is already half the battle won and stimulates continued reading.
- Use only a single DIN A4 page to convince us of your suitability for the position.
- Diligence counts. In the worst case, careless errors can mean the end of your application for the new job.
- Give the highlights of your work experince and present your motivation for wanting to be one of us.
- In your cover letter, convey your strengths and capabilities and how you can bring them to the company or to the advertised position.
- Reinforce information about yourself with facts such as professional successes.
The following questions will help you address the position specifically and complete your profile:
- Who are you?
- What can you do?
- Why are you applying?
- Why are you particularly suitable for the position?
- What are your personal values and how do they fit with the company?
Curriculum vitae – your passport to a dream job
The curriculum vitae (CV) offers you the opportunity to present your background and work historily concisely and at a glance. It is the basis for the job interview.
Things to keep in mind writing your CV:
- Use the curriculum vitae as a platform for ranking your main areas of focus and highlighting professional competencies that might be important for the position.
- Complement every professional position in your curriculum vitae with a few key points that briefly and precisely explain your most important responsibilities and competencies. The further in the past, the shorter such a description should be.
- Ensure that your CV has an appropriate structure. Present your key competencies as briefly and clearly as possible.
- Your curriculum vitae should not exceed two pages.
- Use an easy-to-read font, 10 to 12 point.
- Give your curriculum vitae a clear design.
Attestations and supporting documents – the essential is important
For applications in Germany only, note your academic certificates, limiting them to significant information important to the selected position. For applications abroad, a cover letter and curriculum vitae are sufficient for preselection.
Online application – our preferred path to the job
Have you have found a suitable position in Benteler's online application center? We recommend that you apply for the position directly online. Here are a few things to observe:
In the position description, make sure to click "Apply for position/s". Doing this ensures that your application reaches the appropriate HR assistant directly. Data from your curriculum vitae is automatically transferred to corresponding data fields. We nevertheless request that you examine these particulars for accuracy. The data fields are employed for search queries and incorrectly transferred details could prevent us from finding your interesting profile.
- Upload your attachments in PDF format and observe the maximum file size limit of 3 MB per file.
- Use no "exotic" characters in the file names.
- Make sure to read the Data Protection Conditions.
- Make note of your login identity and password, if you are asked set up a personal account.
- Exercise due diligence. Remember that the user-defined text in the online application form has replaced the cover letter of a traditional application. Be sure to correct spelling mistakes and use upper and lower case properly. General, polite phrasing is required. Do not use telegraphic or text messaging style, slang, or abbreviations, and include a salutation and a complimentary close.
- You will find additional information for the online application procedure in our FAQ.